ICD – 11 -The global standard for diagnostic health information. Available to browse online.
A version of ICD-11 was released on 18 June 2018 to allow Member States to prepare for implementation, including translating ICD into their national languages. ICD-11 will be submitted to the 144th Executive Board Meeting in January 2019 and the Seventy-second World Health Assembly in May 2019 and, following endorsement, Member States will start reporting using ICD-11 on 1 January 2022.
- Cochrane – for systematic reviews
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) – this covers full text, quality controlled scientific and scholarly journals in various languages
- EBSCO resources – DynaMed, Ebooks, Psychology and Behavioural Sciences collection and other databases (login to the NHS Athens resources with Athens account and choose EBSCO Databases from the My Resources list)
- Emerald Insight Journals (Good for Learning Disability/Intellectual Disability articles)
- OTseeker – Occupational Therapy Systematic Evaluation of Evidence
- PEDro – The Physiotherapy Evidence Database
- Proquest – Includng – Hospital Premium Collection and PsycARTICLES
- PubMed -this is provided by the U.S. National Library of Medicine and includes 22 million citations from MEDLINE and other life science journals for biomedical articles dating back to 1948
- Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE) – this resources covers information around good practice in social care in the United Kingdom
- TRIP Database -a clinical search tool to allow health professionals to identify high quality clinical evidence for clinical practice.