Literature Searching Programme
Produced by Health Education England (HEE), these modules are designed to help the healthcare workforce (clinical and non-clinical) build confidence to search published literature for articles and evidence relevant to their work, study and research. The modules are short (each taking no more than 20 minutes to complete) and may be ‘dipped into’ for reference, or completed to obtain a certificate. The modules below are suitable for novice searchers and those wishing to refresh their knowledge:
- Module 1 Introduction to searching
- Module 2 Where do I start searching?
- Module 3 How do I start to develop a search strategy?
- Module 4 Too many results? How to narrow your search
- Module 5 Too few results? How to broaden your search
- Module 6 Searching with subject headings
How can I access the eLearning?
- Go to https://www.e-lfh.org.uk/programmes/literature-searching/
- Select your chosen module
- Click Play
- You can select Continue to skip login. Alternatively login with your NHS OpenAthens or elearning for healthcare account in order to record your learning history.
If you require further assistance contact your local healthcare library team.