About the Literature Searching programme
These modules are designed to help the healthcare workforce (clinical and non-clinical) build confidence to search published literature for articles and evidence relevant to their work, study and research. The modules are short (each taking no more than 20 minutes to complete) and may be ‘dipped into’ for reference, or completed to obtain a certificate. There are seven modules suitable for novice searchers and those wishing to refresh their knowledge:
- Module 1 Introduction to searching
- Module 2 Where do I start searching?
- Module 3 How do I start to develop a search strategy?
- Module 4 Too many results? How to narrow your search
- Module 5 Too few results? How to broaden your search
- Module 6 Searching with subject headings
There are 4 short videos (around 5 minutes each) which demonstrate how to use NICE Evidence search, which cover:
- an introduction to Evidence search, with background information about what it is and why it’s a useful resource
- basic searching and use of the filters
- some searching tips
- what you can do with your results.